I had heard many people tell me about how they went to the hospital only to get sent home. So I wanted to be sure that I was in labor before we went. Well, needless to say...I still got sent home. Here's how it all went down.
I started having contractions on Monday night but they were infrequent. They continued throughout the day Tuesday. By Tuesday evening, they were between 5-8 minutes apart. We called the doctor because I was having horrible back pain. Dr. Alarcon said that this is "early labor" and I should wait until my contractions were 3-5 min. apart. So we did just that. I refused to eat dinner b/c I was nervous that I would get sick while laboring at the hospital. Chris and I sat down and watched t.v. and at the end of the show I told Chris he better get something to eat b/c we were going to the hospital. He asked if I was serious...and I said Yes! At that time my contractions were 4 minutes a part. Chris was too nervous to eat...but he managed to get something down. After he ran around the house double checking everything, we were ready to go around 10:30 p.m.
| On our way to the hospital! |
| In Triage...waiting to hear if we are staying or going ! |
I was in so much pain and feeling really nauseated. Chris was so sweet. He gave me the bed and slept on the floor beside it (he didn't want to leave me). That night, I continued to have contractions (sleeping between them) and horrible back pain! I also started vomiting (thanks to the Percocet). When Wednesday morning rolled around, I was super glad to have a 10:30 appointment with my doctor!
More to come....



0 comments:
Post a Comment