Saturday, May 14, 2011

Ear Infection, 2 month check up, and Shots!

Bless our sweet Bella's heart!  We noticed that Bella had a cough a week ago. She would cough so hard it sounded like she was gagging. Bella Rose is SUCH a good baby; she hardly ever cries unless she is hungry. So when she started getting more irritable, plus the cough, plus not finishing her bottle...we knew something was wrong! Sure enough, our Bella Rose has her first ear infection! :(  So she has been on antibiotics and infant tylenol for a week now.  She is feeling better already!

The next day, we returned to the doctor for her 2 month check up! Bella Rose was 11.7 lbs and 21 inches.  She is 75% for weight, 75% for her head, and 25% for her height...she's a shorty! :)  Dr. Saade said he wanted to see her back in two weeks to check on her ear infection

Even though she was sick, she was still able to get her first round of shots. The doctor bet me that I would cry when she got them. I told him that I didn't cry when she was born, nor did I cry on her first day of daycare (although I did cry the night before), so I doubt I would cry at her shots. The nurse encouraged me to look away...but I refused! I wanted to stare those shots in the face.  She yelped out in pain...but once I inserted the passy, Bella was a-ok!

We went home and took a nice long nap!


0 comments: